ICO is not the prerogative of only one cryptoworld. Look how tokens can support new products of different famous enterprises!
Eastman Kodak Company and KodakOne
This legendary company was founded in 1881 by George Eastman – an American entrepreneur and inventor. Despite the difficult period for the company in January 2012, when Kodak filed a lawsuit on bankruptcy and asked the authorities to protect the corporation from creditors, by the autumn of 2013, the company left the bankruptcy procedure, fully paying debts and completing the restructuring.
On January 9, 2018, Kodak announced the development of an innovative KodakOne block-box platform and the launch of KodakCoin cryptographic. The partner responsible for launching the project and hosting ICO in its support was WENN Digital. It is noteworthy that after the official announcement, shares of Kodak grew by 119% – according to Bloomberg, their price changed from $ 3.70 to $ 6.80 per share, and the market value of the company amounted to $ 289.5 million.
WENN Digital is developing software that uses artificial intelligence to search and recognize KodakOne-registered images online. In this way, the platform plans to prevent the use of other people’s images without first buying rights to it.
Kodak CEO Jeff Clark pointed out that for many people from the sphere of the tech industry the words “block” and “crypto” are now on hearing, and for photographers who have long been trying to find a solution to the problem of controlling the use of their work, this can be the key to solve it:
The decentralized KodakOne platform will focus on the photo industry and provide users with a copyright protection system for images and photos. Thanks to the digital platform KodakOne, photographers will be able to place and control the use of their own images.
According to the white paper of the project, 60% of royalty will go to photographers who will be able to choose a way to pay for their work – in US dollars or KodakCoin’s domestic cryptic currency. The remaining 40% will be distributed between WENN Digital, which will receive 30% royalty, and all KodakCoin holders who will receive the remaining 10% in the form of dividends. The output of the platform itself is scheduled for May-June 2019.
On August 25, 2017, the Russian Burger King officially announced the launch of its own whippercoin cryptic currency. The company, whose story began in 1953 in Jacksonville, Florida, works in Russia through a franchise system from January 2010. As of March 2, 2018, 516 restaurants were opened in one of the largest fast-food restaurants in Russia. Over the past few years, however, the company has become known not only for its food, but also for aggressive marketing and advertising, within which the Whippercoin cryptology was launched last summer.
Unlike the traditional ICO, in which startups start selling their own tokens to raise funds, Whoppercoin has become part of the fast food loyalty program. So, visitors to Burger King restaurants in Russia have the opportunity to get cryptic currency in exchange for a successful purchase in the ratio of 1 ruble = 1 Whoppercoin. For 1700 coins, owners will be able to get one vopper – a corporate burger network.
In launching its own cryptographic currency, the Russian Burger King promoted the Waves platform, which released 1 million Whoppercoin. Also, the Russian Burger King has provided an opportunity to carry out crypto operations within the mobile application, which is available on the Apple Store and Google Play.
ParkinGO has been operating since 1995 as an airport parking operator, focusing on customers who prefer to come to the airport on their own car. In 2016, ParkinGO introduced a franchise program, in which the service of the company also began to operate in Spain, Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium and Austria. Thanks to this, ParkinGO’s network of airports in Europe has increased to 55 points, and the number of travel partner companies has been more than 7,500. Thus, before ParkinGO faced the challenge of servicing over 2.5 million transactions a year, it led to a decision to expand the company and launch its own blockade –platform.
In April 2018, ParkinGO, a renowned park operator, announced co-operation with the Eidoo platform for the upcoming launch of BlockCheck platform and ICO aimed at expanding its operations in Italy and the EU.
For this, from June 11 to June 18, ParkinGO together with the Eidoo starter held an ICO with the goal of raising $ 10 million. According to Forbes, the funds raised will be aimed at expanding the company’s operations (45%), increasing the team (28%), developing and launching new software (20%) and other costs (7%).
At the bottom of the ICO, investors were offered to buy the ERC20 GOToken, whose owners can count on them for ParkinGO services starting June 19, and investors can count on a number of discounts and bonuses provided within the ParkinGO network.